Sunday, September 04, 2011

Dry Island Buffalo Jump

Well, the fields surrounding it anyway. The light wasn't right for painting the valley as it took us about an hour and a half to get out there.


The first acrylic I did at the workshop. The colours are maybe a bit too strong? I like the brilliant sky and clouds (although I muffed up the bottom bit while trying to soften the horizon). Otherwise it's not too bad considering I haven't played with the acrylics for more than a year.

Anyway, it was a lovely (if scorching) day out, and we sat near the valley drop-off listening to the hum of bees and watching hawks soar out of the valley and hang maybe 20 feet above us, riding the air currents. It was my favourite day and I really would like to go back there next summer for some hiking and painting (and if I can convince Neil someday, some canoeing too.)

No comments: